10 things to know?before you start your college days::
You?re so close! I wanted to share ten things today, for my seniors who are leaving behind their high school days and for those who are just heading into their senior year. You know how the saying goes, hindsight is 20/20…wouldn?t it be nice to have that knowledge beforehand? I?ve been a senior photographer for quite some time now, and there?s lots of things I?d love to impart to each of my clients, no matter where they are in their journey. Here?s just ten…
- This is a new adventure + ?some of the best times of your life. EMBRACE THEM
- Have fun, but don’t lose sight of your goals and what’s most important; staying true to yourself, your family, and what you came there to do …getting your degree
- Give everyone a chance and be kind to them, I dont care who they are. There is always room to be kind, and always time to open your heart.?
- If you are rushing, don’t worry about what sorority is top tier. Go with the house +?the girls that make you feel comfortable, and where you can be yourself. Have fun!
- Do your laundry and clean out your mini fridge.?You and your roommate will appreciate this one, seriously!
- GET INVOLVED with things that interest you, whether it’s running for a position in your sorority or fraternity, joining an a ‘capella group, a political group, an art club, intramural sport team… but do something. This is a great way to meet people who have similar interests and it teaches you how to manage your time, as well as being held responsible for something. #lifeskills
- Your mom and dad love and miss you more than you could even fathom. It doesn’t hurt to call, or even a text.
- Your group messages from high school will probably slow down and that’s okay. It doesn’t mean you aren’t friends anymore, it just means you all are enjoying where you are, and that?s part of the journey.
- The Freshman 15 is a real thing. You have a gym, use it.
- Try and surround yourself with the right crowd. People who are genuine friends and really bring out the best in you.?You will meet all types of different people with all different opinions. You don’t have to agree with them, but at least listen and respect them. You’d want them to do the same for you.
Want to stay in touch with my latest news and tips? As an experienced senior photographer, I absolutely love nothing more than sharing help and advice with my clients. You can subscribe to my?Sparkle Notes?right now, with just a click!
Want more cool tips?on that amazing time before college?
18 Tip for College Freshmen?:: Quick tips from the Home Room
64 Things We Wish We Knew :: Quotes from past college students
11 Things I Wish I Knew :: Today Show ran a piece on this topic